Monday 1 March 2010

Spring Flowers

This is the time of year where supermarkets sell all sorts of spring flowers in pots - hyacinths and daffodils being two of the main ones. Also lots of cut daffodils.

If you look though, these all have sell by dates on, and just before the sell by date they're generally reduced to ridiculously cheap prices - last week I bought a hyacinth in a beautiful pot for 49p!

If you see a reduced spring flower in a pot or even really reduced daffodil stems, think about buying some for a friend, or buying £5 worth and taking them to the local old peoples home to brighten up their day. Last year I think £5 would have bought me half of the local supermarket's stock, and it was only being unemployed that stopped me :-) This year I'm going to be watching them like hawks - and hopefully soon our local old peoples home will have daffodils coming out of their ears ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment